Product Informationexpand all collapse all
Generic Dostinex is a dopamine receptor agonist. It works by reducing the amount of prolactin (a hormone) that is released from the pituitary gland. Generic Dostinex is used to treat a hormone imbalance in which there is too much prolactin in the blood (also called hyperprolactinemia).
How to take
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor will perform tests to make sure you do not have heart conditions that would prevent you from safely using Generic Dostinex.
Generic Dostinex is usually taken twice each week for at least 6 months. Do not take this medication every day unless your doctor tells you to.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Dostinex and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath on exertion;
- chest discomfort, dry cough or hack;
- feeling weak or tired, loss of appetite, rapid weight loss;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- lower back pain;
- urinating less than usual or not at all; or
- swelling in your ankles or feet.
- You may have increased sexual urges, unusual urges to gamble, or other intense urges while taking this medication. Talk with your doctor if you believe you have any intense or unusual urges while taking Generic Dostinex.
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, gas, indigestion, constipation;
- headache, depressed mood;
- dizziness, spinning sensation;
- drowsiness, nervousness;
- hot flashes;
- numbness or tingly feeling; or
- dry mouth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Patients should be instructed to notify their physician if they suspect they are pregnant, become pregnant, or intend to become pregnant during therapy.
Speak to your physician if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient in cabergoline or to ergot derivatives (eg, ergotamine)
- You have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- You have a history of heart valve problems or certain fibrotic (scarring) disorders (eg, of the lung, heart, kidneys)
- You are taking a butyrophenone (eg, haloperidol), metoclopramide, a phenothiazine (eg, chlorpromazine), or a thioxanthene (eg, thiothixene)
- You have taken or will be taking a "triptan" (eg, sumatriptan) within 24 hours before or after taking cabergoline
Before using Generic Dostinex, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by Generic Dostinex.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- chlorpromazine (Thorazine);
- clarithromycin (Biaxin);
- droperidol (Inapsine);
- erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, and others);
- fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin);
- haloperidol (Haldol);
- metoclopramide (Reglan);
- perphenazine (Trilafon);
- prochlorperazine (Compazine, Compro);
- promethazine (Pentazine, Phenergan, Anergan, Antinaus);
- thiothixene (Navane);
- thioridazine (Mellaril);
- trifluoperazine (Stelazine); or
- any type of blood pressure medication.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Dostinex.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”
Erin F., 61, Sydney Xanax (Generic)
“During my treatment, I was prescribed a lot of costly medications not covered with insurance. Would’ve never been able to afford them if not for this amazing pharmacy.”
Jacob, 35, Ottawa Prozac (Generic)
"I just love how I can order from home and then get my items delivered for free. No lines, no prescriptions, it’s just like Amazon for pills!”